The purpose of the role is to pro-actively source, bid and secure new regional waste management opportunities, within specific targeted market sectors, to bid and win contracts.
You will be expected to be flexible to adapt to the business needs, focus will be on winning new business developing a profitable national client portfolio, along with assisting the sales department in promoting the business at regional & national level.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Demonstrable waste management experience at a corporate level
- Target driven and profitable results focused.
- Capable of achieving a target of £300k of contractual gross profit
- Self-developing/seeking opportunities by cold calling, building business relationships with prospective clients
- Good time management.
- Confident presenting to customers at all level of potential buyers.
- Based in North East / Yorks.
- Previous relevant experience in sourcing/winning national accounts;
- A proven track record of sales within the waste & recycling market sector;
- Experience in contracts, Tenders and T&C’s;
- Presentational and Commercial awareness
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills ;
- Can liaise with all levels in business including senior/board level;
- Excellent ICT skills (Excel, Outlook, Word), CRM systems;
- Excellent Planning & organisation Skills – prioritising workloads and resources;
- Ability to think creatively/laterally about challenges/opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to negotiate at all levels;
- Ability to prioritise workloads;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Strong work ethic and high energy levels;
- Resilient and tenacious;
- Capable of obtaining credibility and respect;
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK;
- Ethical and honest;
- Ambitious – able to deal with the growing demands of an expanding industry;
- Excellent communicator;
- Customer focused;
- Positive approach to Team Work;
- Ability to prepare and present reports to clients, suppliers and internally to your team/management and the Board of Directors;
- Comply with and actively promote all company policies;
- Valid driving licence.
The role is either office or field based, depending on candidate’s location.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates without the above mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment
Competitive Salary package, company car, mobile phone, laptop, expenses